Despite only being November, summer was very much in the air yesterday resulting in a day trip to the paradise that is Piha. It was hot, not only did I burn my feet on the black sand but I also bought home some pretty sweet sunburn, a harsh reminder of just how fierce the sun is down here in New Zealand. The water was beautifully refreshing, however I didn't quite make it all the way in...a reason to go back again soon.
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Monday, October 7, 2013
take me back to Positano...
1. first impressions of the coast, Amalfi town
2. mosaic porch
3. little lanes and alleys
4. 800+ steps later we arrive at Fornillo...
5. through the arch to Spiaggia Grande
6. drinking 'tricky tricky' with new local friends at the port
7. Fornillo (heaven)
8. balcony views with 'Stolen Grapes'
9. one of many pretty tiles
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Monday, September 30, 2013
1. Duomo di Fienze
2. cute sign & wandering the San Lorenzo leather market
3. the amazing view from 'that place' we got lost in the dark...
4. travel buddies
5. 'cheesecake with red fruits sance' at the Gucci Museo (amazing food)
6. window shopping on the Ponte Vecchio
7. swimming pool with a view & some cool Aussies
8. Torre pendente di Pisa with Benny
9. Duomo with perfect Tuscan clouds
11. Piazzale Michelangelo at sunset
12. view from our terrace
13. driving manual in Italy. enough said.
14. swim caps are cool in Italy